Affected Version: Autocad MEP 2012 / Autocad 2012
We received cad problem report from users of Autocad MEP 2012 / Autocad 2012 about missing drawings objects when editing the drawing using the block editor mode. (command: bedit)
For us to understand the problem and know how to solve it we tried to reproduce the error by following the steps below:
- Open existing files with blocks in it.
- Double click block to open block editor. Alternatively you can also use the bedit command.
- Make some changes.
- Save the drawing using ctrl+s or the menu button (We always do this periodically to avoid loss of data)
- Close the drawing without using the “close block editor”
- Follow the save file prompt.
Now when we open the file the only objects that you will see are the drawings or geometry of the block you were editing when the file was closed.